Saturday, October 31, 2015

Ereader vs Audio vs Paper

Ah... the endless battle!  What's the best way to read a book?  On paper?  On an ereader?  Or should I listen to it? 

The bottom line is, there is no right or wrong way to read.  No matter how you read (or listen) to it, it's the same story!  It's whatever works best for you.  Let's look at some real world examples (AKA - my world examples).

Paper 
Paper books are my true love!  Nothing with ever replace them 100%.  I love the feel of the book in my hands, the smell of the paper, and seeing the progress I've made when I see the difference between my dog eared pages.  Yes, I dog ear.  I also love the look of used paperback books.  They just look so loved!

Ereader
Reading a book electronically is just easier sometimes.  When I'm at work, there isn't any room on my desk for a book.  But I can sit my tablet up so I can read in between phone calls.  Also, no matter how big of a book you are reading, the weight doesn't change with an ereader!  This makes it easier to transport your books during a commute or even a move!

Audio
I personally used to think audio books were for old people.  But then I actually listened to one!  And you know what?  I liked it!  Now, not all audio books are created equal.  The narrator of the audio books plays  HUGE role on if I like the book or not.  Honestly, if I don't like the narrator, I stop listening to the book.  I don't hold the narrator against the book itself, so I still give the book a shot in some other form.  When I'm doing some menial task like house work or overtime, I love listening to an audio book!  It helps pass the time more enjoyably!

So what's your favorite way to read?

 Nerdy Links

Pros and Cons of Paper Books and Ebooks

Reading Books vs Audio Books

1 comment:

  1. I personally love audio books for long drives, travel, and when I'm cleaning the house or doing other menial tasks. The Kindle is great for travel as well. But in the end, I love to hold a real book!

    ReplyDelete